Thursday, June 11, 2009

Name That Plant

I was planning to do a post today called "Name That Plant", mostly because I bought an unidentified plant earlier this week. I did lots of searching, found things that were close to this plant, but were not exact matches. So, I was going to implore you, my (possibly non-existent) readers, to help me put a name to this foliage.

But thanks to Flickr, I did finally find it just moments ago. It is a Hypoestes, commonly known as the Polka Dot Plant. I think it is traditionally an indoor plant that also sometimes doubles as flower-bed cover or border. For now, mine is potted outside, but if I get to reading and realize that will be its death sentence, I might relocate it to my kitchen window. The leaves are so striking with their dappling of hot pink against the dark green. It is natively a tropical plant, and it definitely has that look about it.

~The Kinder-Gardener

No comments:

Post a Comment